Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tequila you saucy minx

I only recently began to dabble in tequila and I must say Margaritas are a great way to relax after a long day at the office. Border's Cafe serves a decent one, but the on I had at the Cantina was a step up.

Last night I had Mardi Gras Margarita at the Sun Set Cantina. The margarita is described as "A smoky margarita with Mezcal, Anejo & Reposado Tequilas, Sour Mix, Cointreau over ice with a salted rim". Prior to that we had a round of Cabo Wabo shots. Both were delish.

The Mezcal is a bit smokey and adds great flavor to the drink mix. I would highly recommend it. The Cabo Wabo was very smooth and tasty. Some of my friends didn't use salt in the salt-tequila-lime equation. I think the salt is half the reason I like tequila and tequila drinks. I am unaware of any other drink that involves salt. Mmmm salt...

The tequila definately helped get the evening going :) Sadly, the band I was supporting for the Battle of the Bands did not win, but we all had fun jamming and hanging out. I did manage to record the final song in the set but you can hear someone (I assume me) singing very off key in the background, loudly. I was hoping to use garageband to clean it up but I'm having some issues. We shall see if I can make some magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment