Friday, April 24, 2009

Got something on my mind


Message received via gchat today from a friend down in DC:

Friend:
you've got me seriously craving DD with all the donut web-talk this week!

As soon as I saw this, I laughed. The quickly reflected and realized that my facebook, blog and twitter accounts have all be focused on iced coffee and doughnuts for the last week or so. Currently, I can't decide if my need for coffee and recent love of doughnuts is awesome or slightly pathetic/disturbing...I'm going with awesome.

But just so you're up to date on the latest buzz, my intern brought in a box of doughnuts this morning. How sweet is that! He loves the chocolate frosted ones so half the box was made up of that flavor. Since my favorites were missing - chocalte glazed and pumpkin (which is seasonal) - I attacked the chocolate frosted ones. So gooooood. I was super pumped to see them arrive this mornong and quickly put my fresh fruit salad into the fridge.

Side note: I can find the area of the doughnut due to my degree in mathematics
. That was always one of the big statements teachers in high school and professors in college made to help justify the impracticality of what we were currently studying. A doughnut in the math world is a torus.

No comments:

Post a Comment