Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Tweet, Therefore, I am

I started Twitter today. I have been putting off entering this world for a while now. But ended up taking the plunge. Previously I was avoiding it because I felt like I didn't need another addictive website/network, especially since I barely have time to read work email during the 9-5 let alone anything else. I didn't need another temptation out there. Oh how I miss getting regular perezhilton.com updates...

What made me take the leap? Well, while lying around this weekend in the Mystic, Ct Howard Johnson for three hours with my two amazing friends after our first big aquarium adventure the topic of Twitter entered into our conversation. One tweeted, the other - like myself - did not. The tweeter said that it was fun and that the only reason she has an account was because another one of her friends made it for her. The other girl created her name and everything. I said one of my big obstacles was the name too. We started blurting out funny ways to play with my name and my twitter name was born...

This morning I went online before the dentist and created my username. I had to add in some "_"s to make it unique, but it's real. So far so good. I think it is pretty amusing, I am going to have to find some people beyond those in my gmail address book to follow :)

Turns out that Twitter was first thought of in 1935. Robotic sticky notes?


No comments:

Post a Comment