Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Packing is an Art

Overall, I would say I am pretty good at packing. I try really hard to not over pack clothing, and in general, I usually don't have many unworn items by the time I return home. Books are my downfall.

I over pack books like it is my job.

I was in S.F. for a total of 4 days. I brought 5 books. FIVE. I could even rationalize why I needed each and everyone of them. I came no where near close to reading them all. Fortunately for me I was much more realistic for Vegas and only brought two. I did finish one and started the second while I was sitting in LAX waiting for my red eye home.

One of the books I brought to S.F. that I did finish was Eclipse. Eclipse being the 3rd installment of the Twilight series. I am so glad I only have one more left. Not only do I truly want to see how this all wraps up, but once I finish that one I can finally live my life guilt free. I won't feel like such a tool being a grown female reading a tween romance novel.

It is funny to see how many adults are reading the series. Most are women. If Harry Potter hadn't taken the world by storm, I am not sure Twilight would be doing nearly as good. Part of the reason I started was that I had kind of hoped the writing would be of the same caliber. It is not.

On the plane to S.F. there was a woman kitty-corner to me reading Twilight, and she was probably in her 40s. This helped me deal with my addiction. In Vegas, one of the girls on the trip with me was in the middle of reading Eclipse so that did make me feel a little better. I mean she is about to be a Dentist and was still letting herself read this mindless vampire romance book!

Now we wait to see how long I break down and purchase the last one. Being the OCD person that I am, I am slightly bothered by the fact that I bought a hard copy of the third book and will have to purchase the 4th in this style as well as the paperbacks have not been printed yet. That will mean the first two are paper and my second two are hard. I like series to look like they match. I think this is why I held off purchasing the H.P. books for myself. Fortunately my mother understands my quirky behavior and bought me the box set (the kind that comes in its own trunk) for my birthday two years ago :)

No comments:

Post a Comment