Sunday, March 1, 2009

Too timely even for me

I am a gmail user. Gmail has a wonderful feature that within the line information of who sent the email, the subject, the start of the body, and the time stamp it also lists how long ago the message was sent. While it seems a bit redundant to have a time stamp and an age, I find it rather helpful. I check my email quite often - I am a bit of a junkie - and I hate it when people don't respond back in a timely manner so I always make every attempt to reply as soon as I can. I will reference the age of the email to make sure that a) I don't appear too psycho in my quick response and b) that it hasn't been left on the back burner for too long.

This weekend I had checked my email because I was just about to go out the door to meet someone and needed to confirm the plans that we laid out. I almost closed out of the web browser but noticed that another friend was writing to me about possible dinner plans that evening. I figured I should respond quickly before I left. That is when I noticed the time stamp:

12:25 PM (-2 minutes ago)

I don't know how that happened. All I know is that I was able to give my quick response before the original email technically arrived. I may be one of the most punctual people I know, but responding to an email before it gets to me is a bit much....

No comments:

Post a Comment