Tuesday, March 10, 2009

On Repeat

Thanks to my impulse to click I "found" a new album by K-OS. I opened up the site and let the music play. Honestly, I think it may have been on loop for well over an hour and it didn't get old. In fact, the only reason I switched to Pandora was because I felt maybe someone else in the office could hear it and they were getting irritated with the repeating

Thanks to wikipedia, I have since learned that this individual is named Kevin Brereton and he is Canadian. "K-OS" is pronounced "chaos" and is an acronym for "knowledge of self" - deep man.

I do enjoy that his "lyrics frequently focus on promoting a 'positive message' while at times expressing criticism of mainstream hip hop culture's obsession with money, fame and glorification of violence". But there really is no reason for me to regurgitate the entire entry, so feel free to read up on him yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment