Monday, March 9, 2009

Vandels Outside Pooh's Home

There is a tree that I pass on the way to work every day. At the base there is a stone path that leads up to it. At the end of the path there is a small red door with a shingled awning. The home is labeled "Pooh". Recently the entrance to Pooh's home was vandalized. This isn't the first time I've seen this happen. Usually the door gets ripped off. This time it was the awning. It really does make my day start off on the wrong foot. I mean really, what did Pooh do to you?

Being the dork that I am, I did begin to think that the door on this tree is a bit small for Pooh. He was a bit of a pudgy dude, and there is no way his friends would be able to fit inside. Then again, I don't think there were many stories where he had people in his house. He went to Rabbit's (and got stuck) and went to Owl's, but the only one I can really remember going inside Pooh's was Piglet. I could easily be wrong on this.


After going through these scenarios I realized that Pooh is a honey-bear. A honey-bear is another name for a Kinkajou, and a Kinkajou could definately fit through the door at the base of this tree. Now a Kinkajou looks nothing like the image we all hold in our heads of Winnie the Pooh, but he is still very cute. (I did a report on them when I was in 6th grade - we were studying rainforests at the time)

I really hope someone fixes Pooh's home this week. It would really make the work week easier for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment