Wednesday, March 4, 2009

First, age. Now, height.

Before I had to come to terms with the fact that modeling days were behind me once I turned the big 2-5. I am old. Withered. Unwanted by Elle, Vogue, etc. But now I find out that tall is out???

America's Next Top Model is recruiting models who are 5'7" or shorter. This is crazy talk. There are very few short models out there. Actresses, yeah, they can barely look over the deli counter. Have you seen Natalie Portman in real life? I haven't, but a friend has, TINY lady. Models are TALL. That was my one hope as a gangly, awkward, and (let's face it) unattractive kid was that my height would become an advantage because tall was beautiful. Now I am defeated again. Back to being an Amazon woman. Hey, they were strong, amazing, - yes I know, they would get rid of one boob cuz it got in the way when they were using their bow and arrows -but still strong and amazing.

I will say if I you didn't see it Anne Hathaway's recent spread in Russia's GQ was GORGEOUS. If I could be a model I would totally want to do something like this...sigh. I am particularly drawn to the second picture. The gigantic black combat boots with the dress with the slits up the sides that let it fall that way around her legs. Man, amazing.





As I grow up I have fallen more and more in love with fashion/Vogue....

Side Note: I am an amazing archer. By amazing I mean I kicked everyone's ass in gym class. Really I used to be able to hit the bulls eye relatively consistently with either hand.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry... bows & arrows will come into style...

    ReplyDelete