Friday, March 13, 2009

Late Night News...?

Last night I was watching the news.

Ok I was watching The Office, 30 Rock, switched it over to Private Practice and then the news came on and I was chatting on gchat so I chose not to turn it off.

But the news was on in the background and one of the local stories was about how Massachusetts grocery stores would be signing agreements to help reduce the number of paper and plastic bags are put into circulation. Stores are going to promote the use of reusable bags. There will be incentives to consumers to bring their own. There are a few places around here that I go to that offer either 5 or 10 cents off your purchase per bag. For more information check out the Globe's article.

The next segment was entitled "Hookers for Jesus". Annie Lobert, a former hooker, has started the group "Hookers for Jesus". She walks around Las Vegas giving out gift bags, that contain Bibles, to working women. The story was interesting, it hooked me in, but I don't know if I really needed it to be apart of my evening news report.

The Daily Show with John Stewart had a segment with Mad Money guy Jim Cramer. The full episode is on Daily Show website. Now this piece was way better than Hookers and Jesus... I was able to find the unedited interview in segments that I could embed. Couldn't get the html for it in one try.

Part 1



Part 2



Part 3


just saying

No comments:

Post a Comment