Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Speechless, but Grateful

Amazon.com and I have had a great relationship over the years. I adore the super-shipping option that is offered. I always use it. I am very used to waiting 5-7 business days to get my goods. There have been times where it takes even longer, but whatever, as I have mentioned before, I tend to have enough unread books lying around that I don't NEED the one I just ordered immediately.

Last week I had a moment of weakness and bought three more. Twilight 3 (I don't know the actual title), Watchmen, and Chelsea Handler's One Night Stands book. I was hoping that it would arrive sometime in that 48 hour gap that I would be back in Boston before heading to Vegas. Much to my surprise the package was sitting there waiting for me at my apartment when I got home yesterday!!! That is two business days!! I once ordered my book club book 2.5 weeks before our meeting and it didn't show up until 3 days after the point I was supposed to have read it. Obviously that one got returned.

I just can't get over how fast they were this time. Maybe this is the way God is trying to make up for the fact that my cold is getting worse and I apparently have developed pink eye of sorts. Ew is right! Things can only get better...

No comments:

Post a Comment