Monday, March 23, 2009

Madness is a Great Cure for Sickness

My stupid cold is still around. I figured I would try to have a relatively low key weekend in preparation for the awesome adventures that are soon to come...

Friday night was homemade pizza, garlic bread and bottle of wine paired with My Cousin Vinny with a bookclub friend. That movie lives in my top 10 easily. "They werrr!" Such a great line. I could watch the final court scene over and over.

Saturday, another friend of mine and I decided to be little old ladies. We took a stroll through the North End, instead of an early dinner, we dubbed our meal an extremely fashionable late lunch (at 4:45). After a quick trip to Mike's Pastry - in and out in 5 minutes, lines are for suckers - we were able to make it to the cinemas at Park for Sunshine Cleaners. The movie is cute, but as we discussed it on the T, it is more like a book than a movie. The movie obviously ends, but all the strings aren't tied up and tucked away in a pretty package, it leaves you wondering what will happen with the characters.

Sunday was left for getting clean sheets, doing taxes, and watching the tournament. I basically had games on from 2 pm on. Each year the tournament gets better and better as the competition gets stronger and stronger. I picked far more upsets this year than ever before, and I was pretty much dead on. I've had 9 wrong picks so far, not great but not bad. And I have 13 of the sweet 16 correct, none of my elite 8 have been punched out either. I only just realized that some of the tournament will be played here in Boston. Almost wish I had known, but I am going to CA this weekend so I have stuff to do :)

If I was going to have to feel the effects of my cold, Sunday was a great day for it. I had plenty to keep me occupied with games that really went to the final buzzer. Gotta love March...

No comments:

Post a Comment