Thursday, March 5, 2009

Apple doesn't Fall Far....

Last night I was talking to my mom because I tried twice on Tuesday to call her and wish her a happy square root day. When I was talking to her on Wednesday I asked if she listened to my voicemail. She said no. As you can see an aversion to voice mail is genetic, my uncle doesn't listen to it either. I explained I had been trying to tell her about the math holiday, as it only happens nine times a century. She then asked why I didn't attempt to call my father - I figured he was asleep (I called at 9:30 pm), and why I didn't call her back on 2/2/04 - I didn't know about square root day at that time. We continued with the conversation where I promised to call her on 4/4/16 and we deduced with relative certainty she would also be around for 5/5/25 as that is less than 20 years from now and I would be sure to call then, too.

My family is nerdy. Between the four of us, two graduated from undergrad with math degrees and the other two with natural science of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment