Monday, March 23, 2009

There is a reason you can't get this stuff in the stores

will you write an entry about girl scout cookies and how they must contain crack in them because they are addictive
I just ate half a box of thin mints (this is not a joke) between the hours of 1:30 and 2:55

A friend of mine made the above request that I write about those wonderful treats known as Girl Scout Cookies. At the time I realized that I had yet to get a box. Walking to work and thus avoiding the T stops in the morning/afternoon causes one to miss out getting accosted by small girls in uniforms. Yes, I do mean accosted. At the beginning of their run I witness 3 teeny ones in the square screaming at the top of their lungs at passer-bys, the mom in charge actually had to tell them to cool it. I would have bought a box then, but they disturbed me, that and I had no cash on me.


After talking with my friend I was on the look out for those boxes, and couldn't my hands on one for the life of me. Eventually, I was successful, and strangely enough bought two boxes from a table hosted by a bunch of middle aged women, no young girls, weird, but whatever. Per my usual behavior I managed to misplace the two boxes that I bought; Thin Mints and Somoas. Fortunately, I found them this weekend and started munching. A friend of mine and I ate about half a box while watching Step Up or some equally trashy ballet/street dancer movie. I brought the rest of the box to work today...

I managed to devour the rest of it in the matter of minutes while reviewing files. They ARE addictive. You cannot have just one. It is probably a good thing you can't get these things in the grocery. If you could, I would probably be much rounder. I am slightly saddened with the fact that the Somoas are gone and only have one sleeve of Thin Mints left...I may have to actually go to the gym soon. EEEK.

If only they Girl Scout Cookie season didn't abut Mini-Egg season. Those are just as deadly, and my coworker totally just put a bowl full of them on our central table. Oh the humanity!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment