Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Tale of Two Pizzas

Yesterday, I had pizza for lunch and dinner. Now I realize that does not sound all that healthy, but they were from two different places and so it was like two very different meals...

The weather was begging for me to take a stroll down to the square for lunch, as Mother Nature totally knew I had been in back to back meetings from 9 -1. So I managed to coerced a coworker of mine from another department to go with me to Pinocchio's. There I get the 2 for $4.15 (plus tax) lunch deal. I went with two Sicilian style cheese slices, the extra thick crust is just drool inducing...If you are in the area and have never been - GO. The place looks like such a hole in the wall, and it kind of is, but the pizza has never disappointed me. The crust is flaky yet soft yet delish...

Now we get to the end of the day and my kickball teammate asks me to confirm my address so he can pick me up tonight to go to Tavern in the Square for Buffalo Chicken Pizza and drinks. Pizza twice in one day...eeeeer...well let's be honest, my diet is not so balanced so whatever. We get there and I go for it, order the buffalo chicken pizza. As soon as it is placed in front of me, I knew that I had not been steered wrong. (This pizza had been recommended by a couple people - granted most live together - but hey a vote is a vote)

The pizza is COVERED in shredded orange colored chicken. I slowly made my way through about half of it before having to call it quits (I had pre-dinner dinner so I wasn't able to eat the whole hting). But I was not disappointed. The buffalo wasn't that intense, but it was good that it was on the more mild side as it allowed for me to appear "ladylike" while devouring it. Who wants to see a girl who has to keep dabbing her eyes or nose because the spice is just that strong. If you are someone who really likes a strong buffalo flavor, it isn't for you, but if you want to be able to eat an entire pizza without a gallon of water next to you, it is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment