Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wonderful Time of Year

This will be my third St Patrick's Day here in Boston. It will be my first spent in Southie. This is long overdo and I cannot wait to head down for the parade and general festivities. Events are planned to start around 11 am, much later than my 7 am Kegs and Eggs days in college - but a very decent start nonetheless. :)

While my week will consist of counting down to Sunday... I have found that there are a few out there not so psyched about what will be let loose down in Southie. The Globe recently had an article describing the extra measures that will be taken this year in the hopes to curl public urination. (Really - the big complaint seems to be peeing in the street). Way more police will be out and about, bars will be asked to close by 7 pm and liquor stores by 5 pm - message to the public is clearly, get there early!

There are a couple of quotes that I found particularly great, real gems...

"We're not going to let drunken idiots get in the way of people just enjoying their family time."
and
"Just having [police] presence here will keep them from drinking in public," he said. "They won't walk down the street holding those paper cups."

Last time I checked Solo cups were plastic...

Well, I hope that my weekend is everything I have built it up to be. Five days...

1 comment:

  1. Just because Bean-Town isn't starting until 11 doesn't mean that you can't rock out to a good morning of Keg & Eggs.

    ReplyDelete