Friday, March 6, 2009

Foiled by Brownies...and free wine

So earlier this week I was writing about how my career as a model was over as I was old and tall. Being the person I am, I thought I would prove the world wrong. So off to craigslist I went. There are a few casting calls this weekend for runway shows. I thought to myself, I did the Black and Gold in college, I could totally work the catwalk again - especially since I have since perfected the art of functioning in 4 inch heels. There was a wicked cool advertisement for this charity show in April. I felt like this was the show for me, it is unpaid and no experience is necessary. I attempted to send a reply with a picture like it asked. After many failed attempts - the picture was too big and I couldn't seem to compress it for the life of me - I sent over an email just expressing my interest. I got a reply back the next morning from an enthusiastic individual saying they couldn't wait to see me and reminded me to bring examples of my work.

My work?

Yeah, I gots nothing there. So here I began to doubt this plan. Let's be honest, I began to doubt myself once I was having a hard time with the email. But now itreally seemed like a silly idea. But you know what, life is about trying. So the plan was still on.

I then went to meet two people to go see the Fairey exhibit at the ICA (more to come on that later) while we were looking around I get a call from my uncle. He wanted me to do him a big favor - go to Mike's and pick up his usual order of brownies and cookies. I would need to meet him at my cousin's at 3:30 on Saturday, and in return I would get 2 bottles of wine - it is from the Finger Lakes region, really good stuff.

Problem was, the casting call would go till 3 which wouldn't give me time to get to the north end and the back out to northeastern in time. So a decision had to be made.

On one hand I had the potential to get cast in a runway show. On the other hand, I could get two bottles of wine (and a brownie) and not have to deal with the fact that I probably would waste 3 hours to just not get picked.

Wine it is!

My career in runway is now officially over. Unless of course one of my readers knows a guy who needs a gal like me to strut her stuff in pretty clothes :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, you have your feet support Chester French. That could be a good first step... no pun intended. Okay, I lied. Pun definitely intended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were hot in Black & Gold though! ; )

    ReplyDelete