Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Baker Judged Me

I went to pick up a pie for Pi Day this morning. As the girl was putting my pie in the box I told her that I was happy that it was Pi day. She was a little confused and then 2 and 2 made 4 for her and she said "oh, Pi" and drew the Greek letter in the air. I said "yes". She then said, "are you in high school...college...I mean you look too old for high school but that is the last time I remember someone mentioning this day to me" I said "no, I am out of college". She said "Did you go to Harvard or MIT?" I just smiled and said "No, just a nerd...". She then asked me how many digits I could recite - this question was in a tone that I bet she normally reserves for small children. I told her not many, all I only know is 3.14159265. I mean, I had to answer the question. With that, I took my pie and left.

Yeah. That was awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment