Monday, March 9, 2009

Thanks Amazon

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

As someone who has purchased fiction by Indian writers, you might like to know about these featured titles, including Vikas Swarup's debut novel, Slumdog Millionaire.

------------------

I love the emails that Amazon will send trying to lure me into purchasing new books/dvds. This one's recommendations consisted of books that I actually had recently purchased FROM AMAZON. So I think their tracking is a bit off. But I do really love the way the system chooses to make recommendations, in college I took a couple of comparative religion courses, I also took a class where one of the books was written by a gay individual. Amazon instisted I wanted books regarding how religion views the gay community....

Anyway - I can't wait to read White Tiger. Hope it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment