Monday, March 23, 2009

I will lie in the bed I made and enjoy it

Putting new sheets on my bed is quite possibly one of my least favorite activities. The whole process just aggravates me. I have a queen size bed which is great for sleeping but is a royal pain to make.

Once the sheets are off, I need to deal with the fact that they need to be cleaned. All I can say is thank you inventor of wash-dry-fold. Before I found you, I would swear and just get annoyed at the idea of fitting all the bedding in a wash machine and then have to attempt to fold huge pieces of fabric on my own. Now for 92 cents per pound I can pay someone else to do it for me! Even in this economy I am not giving this small luxury up. If I did them myself I would still need to pay to use the coin operated machine in my basement so it isn't as if I am completely wasting money here.

Once I have over come the issue of needing clean sheets, I need to tackle my naked bed. It is time for me to climb all around attempting to get the sheets positioned correctly and figure out a way to squeeze between my bed and the wall so that I can use the proper military fold for the corners. Somehow by the end of all this I always end up a bit sweaty. It is kind of pathetic.

In the end as much as I hate making my bed, the best nights sleep that I have are always the nights where I am sleeping in a freshly cleaned/made bed. It just feels so wonderful...it almost makes me want to go through the process a little more frequently...almost

1 comment:

  1. Your room, if that is your room, is so clean!

    ReplyDelete