Monday, March 2, 2009

if all the snow flakes were lemon drops...

Walking home I was barely outside of my office, a guy was about to pass by me and made me smile. Not just because he was cute, because believe me he was, but because he opened his mouth, stuck out his tongue, and caught a few snow flakes. He saw me glancing at him and there was a slight hesitation. But once he saw that I was smiling his face broke out into a huge smile.

It really is the little things that can make a day improve tenfold. Seeing a grown man catch snowflakes on his tongue made me smile the whole walk home...and I knew that the end of my journey was my car begging to be shoveled out. Ugh. I didn't care, my day was brightened by someone else's simple action.

Oh yeah. Then there was the guy on the bike who was riding on the sidewalk - not happy about that. But he was wearing a winter hat that was green, with a red mask and eyehole...it was a teenage mutant ninja turtle hat. AWESOME. I forgave his stupidity for riding on the side walk

No comments:

Post a Comment