Thursday, March 12, 2009

Next Time Ask A Girl

I went to trivia last night. This is only the second time I have ever gone, but the first time I have been on a team small enough to compete. We took third which came with a prize. And what a prize it was.

My only issue with the night was that we should have took second. There were two girls on the team (including myself). There were two football related questions asked. One in round 1, and the second was THE FINAL QUESTION. Our team was sitting around two small tables, and both times the table of three boys decided on an answer and handed it in without asking our side. Both times they were wrong, both times we - the girls - were right. You may be asking yourself, what were those questions? Well here they are:

Q. Since the switch to a 16 game regular season what is the only team to have four consecutive season of at least 12 wins?

Q. Besides Dallas and Detroit, what team has made the most appearances in a Thanksgiving football game?

The other female and myself did have to talk it out, because neither of us knew the actual statistical data off the top of our heads but we were able to come to the right conclusions. The other side wrote down things at random based on whether or not they liked a particular team...it was very frustrating.

I LOVE football. It is my favorite sport to watch...although college men's basketball comes in real close. As a young girl I would correct adult males on the rules of football all the time, they always doubted my statements, but the commentators/refs would always back me up. Real women love sports. :)

----

Answers: Dallas Cowboys and Chicago Bears

And the prize was a Red Bull Chalk Board. Classy

----

The only good part is that because we were right about the Cowboys question, we were promised ice cream. In June 2011. I have already put it in my calendar

No comments:

Post a Comment