Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wonderwho?

Each week at JazzFunk we add onto the choreography from the week before. This week there was a point where we were to bend our arms at our elbows and hold our fists out in front of our faces. This pose made me laugh as I felt like I looked like Wonder Woman:


One of my other classmates agreed that it did make her think of old superhero cartoons. But for her, it was something she was associating with the Wonder Twins. Now, there was a wide range of ages in this room, and I was probably the youngest one there. Yet, I was the only other person besides the woman who made the reference and our instructor that knew who the Wonder Twins were. The twins were apart of the Super Friends cartoon series in the early 90s, and the only reason I know who they are is because their ridiculous powers.

When they touch rings and say "Wonder Twin Powers Activate" the female twin will state what animal she wants to transform into and the male will transform into a form of water. Yes, you read that correctly, water. If they have to travel somewhere, she will often transform into a bird and he a bucket of water. Cartoons really were something special when I was a child. :) I found an episode of the Super Friends on youtube to illustrate their powers - and while watching it, I learned that the girl can't swim! That just seems silly...maybe it was that as a snake she couldn't swim...? Who knows.

Check out the change around the 5:20 mark:



I know you are hooked, so here is the second half...



oh man, there is one more part!!! I love the way Wonder Woman's Invisible Plane is drawn. The neon white outline is necessary, I mean seeing her fly around without it would make her look silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment