Thursday, March 19, 2009

Flair for the Everyday Woman

Fashion is art and style is personal.

I have come to realize that my style focuses in on attempting to take flair and turn it into everyday wear. (hey that is kind of catchy) This notion really was confirmed as I was walking into the pub last night with a friend of mine. He hadn't noticed my whole outfit before as it was night time and I had just quickly hopped into the car when he got to my place. I stepped up onto the walkway and he made a comment about how he was amazed I was wearing my shoes - 3.5 inches and fuchsia. They aren't exactly something most people wear on a daily basis, but I'm sure you understand I am not most people. He thenquickly went on to comment that whole look was pretty extreme and that he loved that I wear flair on a daily basis, not just for theme parties/kickball...

To give you an idea of what was going on, I also was wearing a matching fuchsia trench coat and suspender pants. I bought the suspender pants for a mathlete party -- who knew they would become part of my regular cycle. :) Oh and there was a headband and huge ass necklace, every piece adds to the overall look, so they all need to be accounted for.

I find flair to be a great way to add to my day. To work I have worn skull and cross bones leggings, as well as, psycholdelicly patterned sundresses with neon tights. There are days that I wonderful if I will be told to reevaluate my wardrobe, but so far so good.

I am happy to say that I am not the only one who thinks this way. One of my students came to the office yesterday wearing a superman hoodie...I saw her today in batman. She makes me smile, she often is carrying cartoon themed bags, it is pretty awesome.

So, if you need a way to spice things up, try some flair. Maybe start with some rainbow stripped thigh high socks...they are really comfortable

No comments:

Post a Comment